While we enjoy gorging on plum and fruit cakes during Christmas, the steamed pudding has its own charm. Served with some custard, it becomes a wonderful dessert after a hearty Christmas lunch. Here is an eggless and non-alcoholic version for everyone to enjoy. Check out my Christmas specials feature on Parent Circle.com https://www.parentcircle.com/article/supereasy-christmas-dessert-recipes/
All-purpose flour- ⅓ cup
Breadcrumbs – ¼ cup
Muscovado / Dark Brown sugar- ⅓ cup
Curd – 2 tbsp
Unsalted Butter- ⅓ cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Grape Juice – ½ cup
Black Raisins – ½ cup
Chopped Dates – ½ cup
Chopped Dried Prunes- ½ cup
Tutti-Frutti- ½ cup
Cinnamon powder- two pinches
Clove powder – one pinch
Grated Apple – ½
Zest of one orange
Zest of one Lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
Honey – 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
- Soak the raisins, dates and prunes in grape juice for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Grease and line a pudding mould or a deep bowl with parchment paper.
- Powder the muscovado or dark brown sugar in the blender.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the curd and mix well.
- Now incorporate the steeped dried fruits with the grape juice, tutti-frutti, cinnamon powder, clove powder, grated apple, honey, sugar, lemon juice, orange and lemon zest into the mix. Stir in breadcrumbs.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the wet mixture. Mix well.
- Press it into the mould and steam it for three hours on low-medium heat.
- On Christmas day, steam again for an hour. De-mould it and serve with some custard.